Set Your Imagination
• Create your own piece of beautiful artwork, while learning the ancient arts of glassblowing or metalworking.
• Our talented instructors work patiently with each individual to help master basic techniques and understand the materials.
• Beginner and Intermediate/ Advanced classes available.
• Students ages 13-17 may participate with a parent present.
• See class schedule for current offerings.
• Contact the GEP at 828-631-0271 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a class.
Check back often for new offerings, call the office, or join our email list (below right) to get our latest news and class schedule.
There are no events to display for the selected time period.
No experience necessary! Our short beginner classes give students an introduction into working with glass or metal, including use of basic tools, safety practices, and understanding the medium.
Beginner glass classes focus on solid shapes (paperweights) and simple vessels like bud vases.
Beginner metal classes center on making hooks, butter knives, and other small projects that teach multiple skills.
If you’re serious about learning more about glass or metal work, then sign-up for an intermediate or advanced-level class. These classes are organized whenever enough participants show interest and an instructor is available.
Intermediate glass classes focus on forming blown vessels (bowls, goblets, platters, vases), adding handles and feet to pieces, form control, color application, and finishing techniques.
Advanced glass classes are offered for established glass artists who are looking to expand their skills. Advanced classes may explore creating/using glass cane and murini, changing axis, reticello, incalmo, and other complicated techniques.
Advanced metal classes are flexible based on students’ needs, and may focus on creating arms and armor, custom home decorations (candleabras, curtain rods, door latches), 3-D repose, sculptural pieces, and more.
GENERAL CLASS INFORMATION
• The process time will vary per class.
• Space is limited so pre-registration is strongly suggested.
• Glass artwork is available for pickup 48 hours after class.
WHAT TO BRING
• Cold drinks
• Snacks (for longer classes)
• Lots of imagination!
• Unless otherwise mentioned, all materials and tools for the classes are provided.
WHAT TO WEAR
• Dress in cotton clothing (no polyester, spandex or other synthetics).
• Wear closed-toed shoes; no sandals of any kind are allowed in the studio.
• Wear long pants; shorts and skirts are not allowed in the studio.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, check or cash. Payment in full is due upon registration.
The GEP has the right to cancel any class for any reason. In some cases, classes are cancelled due to low enrollment. In the event that a class is canceled, you will be notified by phone or email and your tuition fees will be credited or refunded in full.
Students who withdraw from a class with 7 days notice will receive credit or a full refund. No portion of tuition will be refunded or transferred if a withdrawal is made less than 7 days before the start of the class. There are no exceptions.
Students must adhere to the Withdrawal Policy. Any refund or credit due after withdrawal can be applied to enrollment in a different class.
Missed Classes Policy
There are no refunds, transfers, make-ups, or deferments for missed classes.